X3DToolKit is a portable LGPL free C++ toolkit for loading, displaying and processing X3D
models (X3D is a new extensible 3D file format based on XML, supported by the web3d consortium. It should be the future 3D file
format). X3DToolKit is developed since September 2002 and now supports most of the X3D
This library is designed for 3D developers. Its main functionalities are :
See the features page for an exhaustive list.
- Edition, parsing and processing the X3D scene graph using a powerful processor mechanism.
- Translation of the scene meshes into a winged-edge topological data structure.
- Support for seamless extension of the X3D language and the design of extended processors.
Some applications based on the library are also provided, such as X3DViewer
and a mesh editor.
The library is available for Linux,
Windows(.NET 2003 and Visual Studio 6) and Mac OS.
See ChangeLog for details.
- August 27th, 2004 : Version 1.0.1 released. Features
a better normal computation.
- August 1st, 2004 : Version 1.0 released. Features
automatic loading of nodes fields that simplifies the creation of new nodes and enables X3D routes.
- June 2004 : Version 0.6 released. Mac OS X compilation successfully
tested and Visual studio 6 portablity ensured.
See the portability page.
Several useful applications are provided by the library, such as an X3DViewer and a
meshEditor. Non-developers might want to download the Windows X3D